Saturday 9 August 2014

M.I.A - I'm back!

I have been M.I.A on here so here I go on giving you guys a big update on what has been happening this last few months. (This is of course any body is actually reading this in which case I am just talking to myself)

Since my last post a little bit has happened. We have impatiently waiting for registration to happen for our land which took longer than expected however I am delighted to announce it was finally given the big green tick and registered on August 1st 2014 after 6 long months after we paid our deposit! 

I have no doubt been a little stressed as our loan for the land expired on the 1st August which clearly was too late as settlement isn't due to take place till Wednesday 13th August 2014 (HOORAY). We were lucky enough to get the extension for the loan which meant a lot less stress as we really didn't want to go through the whole process again! 

After visiting the display homes for countless weekends we decided that we 
would arrange tenders through Beechwood and Allworth Homes. 
The design we liked best by Beechwood was the Verdelho Twist Four and the design we loved by Allworth was the Altona. These two designs are very similar however the Altona was slightly large by about 4sqm in total. 

After comparing the two tenders, the Verdelho was slightly smaller and fitted on our block perfectly. We got more bang for our buck and way more inclusions  with beechwood than we would of been getting from Allworth, so we decided that we would proceed with beechwood tender and paid our deposit on the 09/02/2014. 

We finally received our first drawn plans on 26/04/2014. The unfortunate delay was due to the block of land not allowing access to anyone and it was to our delight that the surveyor was actually allowed onsite at this time as they still weren't allowing access. 

After 3 tender varations we were finally happy with all our changes that it was now time to sign off on the plans and get them ready to submit to council 
(I will talk about our plans in another post) as soon as settlement has been completed. I could not be happier that things seem to be finally happening after waiting what seemed like an eternity. 

Planning 2 major life events within a year and a half of each other is definitely expensive. Building our first home, planning a wedding, working full time and running a small business really does not leave me much time for anything else, I am one busy woman and loving it! Bring on the next 12 months!! 

1 comment:

  1. HOW I GOT MY LOAN FROM DR PURVA PIUS LOAN FINANCE (urgentloan22@gmail.com)

    Hello Everybody,
    My name is Mrs Sharon Sim. I live in Singapore and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation, i will refer any person that is looking for loan to him, he gave me happiness to me and my family, i was in need of a loan of S$250,000.00 to start my life all over as i am a single mother with 3 kids I met this honest and GOD fearing man loan lender that help me with a loan of S$250,000.00 SG. Dollar, he is a GOD fearing man, if you are in need of loan and you will pay back the loan please contact him tell him that is Mrs Sharon, that refer you to him. contact Dr Purva Pius,via email:(urgentloan22@gmail.com) Thank you.


    1. Name Of Applicant in Full:……..
    2. Telephone Numbers:……….
    3. Address and Location:…….
    4. Amount in request………..
    5. Repayment Period:………..
    6. Purpose Of Loan………….
    7. country…………………
    8. phone…………………..
    9. occupation………………
    10.age/sex…………………
    11.Monthly Income…………..
    12.Email……………..

    Regards.
    Managements
    Email Kindly Contact:urgentloan22@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete