Tuesday 29 April 2014

Deposit on land PAID!


I had always had a dream since I was a little girl, that by the time I turn 21 I want to of either purchased my first home or block of land.
So this journey all started back in January 2014, I was doing what I do best.. Googling and daydreaming. It was about 6 weeks before my 21st birthday when I was looking on realestate.com.au, I found what looked to be a great opportunity, flat land for sale in Blue Haven, Central Coast for an affordable price, I showed my partner and he seemed eager to check it out.
So on Saturday the 25th January we hoped in the car with my parents and had a look at the block of land. The sole purpose of the trip was to check out the area and see what the value for money was like, we had no intention of purchasing a block of land that day. We turned up and it was all gated off, it is currently under construction to get ready to be sub-divided. I instantly fell in love! I love the fact we were going to be around all new homes, the cute little street that was already evolved, the area and how close it was to amenities. We decided to go check out the display homes at Woongarrah and wanted to see how a house plan that we liked would fit on the land - it was perfect! The sales consultant said, if I were you I would go put a deposit down on the land, it is a great buy!
At this point we were so excited and all we wanted to do was to say that little patch of dirt is ours! We went to have lunch talked it over with my parents and before I knew it we were walking into the real estate office and signing contracts!
We were told that it is currently under development to get ready to get council approved, once it has registered through council we could settle, it was going to be a delayed settlement which we should expect around April - May at the latest. This did not bother us as it gives as time to save and get our head around the fact we just bought a block of land!


No comments:

Post a Comment